The company was founded in 1956 by Harvey Wilson as Wilson Core Supply. In the early 1960's, it became Slauson Transmission Parts, specializing in used and rebuilt hard parts. Slauson was incorporated in 1980 and continued to thrive and expand. By 1984, having outgrown their Los Angeles warehouse, the company relocated into their current facility in Rialto, California.
The Slauson Transmission Parts catalog was introduced in 1990, and quickly became an industry standard for transmission shops nationwide. In 1996 the state-of-the-art parts identification system, SmartPart™ was introduced. In that same year, Slauson also launched their online electronic catalog and web presence at www.slauson.com. Slauson Transmission was the first transmission parts company to embrace new internet technologies as a method of marketing, identifying and cataloging transmission parts.
In 1998, Slauson expanded their product line to include a complete line of soft parts. In September of 2000, Slauson introduced the new Digital Catalog on CD, enabling the user to easily locate and price products offline and online. Today, Slauson maintains an inventory of over 40,000 parts in a warehouse facility of over 35,000 square feet, and has added a satellite warehouse in Gardena, CA. By 2018, having outgrown their Los Angeles warehouse, the company relocated into their current facility in Chicago. After over 50 years in the transmission parts aftermarket, Slauson is still going strong with the release of it's latest updated print catalog and an upgraded online SmartPart™ parts identification and ordering system.